Could Clinton and Obama have run together in 2008?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
154 replies · 28K views
Astronuc said:
Is it too much to ask for an efficient/functional government rather than a dysfunctional one? :rolleyes:

But you are forgetting the first rule in government spending: Why build [or have] one when you can build two for twice the price?

Source that quote anyone...?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc said:
It has to be either Clinton or Obama - but both in the #1 and #2 slots?

I saw this headline - In Illinois, Obama Proved Pragmatic and Shrewd - and all I could think was "What does that really mean?" :rolleyes:

Here is the part that I really like
There was something improbable about the new guy from Chicago via Honolulu and Jakarta, Indonesia, the one with the Harvard law degree and the job teaching constitutional law...
 
With the field narrowing I am getting a sense of how this is going, and much to my surprise, I now think that Hillary is going to be the next President.

I don't think she will pick Obama as VP for reasons that Turbo has already mentioned.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
But you are forgetting the first rule in government spending: Why build [or have] one when you can build two for twice the price?

Source that quote anyone...?

I didn't read the book, but i remember that was said by the eccentric billionaire in Contact.
 
I think this will be the ticket after all.

Clinton-Obama beats McCain-[tbd]

I don't see how it can go any other way.