Object on horizontal surface practice question please?

In summary, the conversation discusses a physics midterm question that involves an object being pushed across a horizontal surface and the calculations of various related topics such as net force, frictional forces, acceleration, velocity, momentum, and impulse. The person is looking for practice questions or a website to find similar questions for preparation.
GiantSheeps
So I have a physics midterm tomorrow that will have a five part, 10 point question about the following

"an object pushed across a horizontal surface. You should be able to calculate net force, frictional forces from the coefficient of friction, acceleration, velocity, momentum, impulse, and related topics."

It would be of great help if someone could come up with some sort of question that has all those aspects that I could do for practice, or if anyone knows of a website where I could find practice questions like that, that would be great

thanks so much!

Physics news on Phys.org
GiantSheeps said:
So I have a physics midterm tomorrow that will have a five part, 10 point question about the following

"an object pushed across a horizontal surface. You should be able to calculate net force, frictional forces from the coefficient of friction, acceleration, velocity, momentum, impulse, and related topics."

It would be of great help if someone could come up with some sort of question that has all those aspects that I could do for practice, or if anyone knows of a website where I could find practice questions like that, that would be great

thanks so much!
Why not just search this forum with keywords "friction acceleration push"?

Likes GiantSheeps
haruspex said:
Why not just search this forum with keywords "friction acceleration push"?
i hadn't thought to do that, thanks for the tip

1. What is the purpose of practicing with objects on a horizontal surface?

Practicing with objects on a horizontal surface allows scientists to study the effects of gravity and friction on the movement and stability of objects. It also helps in developing skills for conducting experiments and making accurate observations.

2. How can I ensure the accuracy of my observations during this practice?

To ensure accuracy, it is important to use a level surface and make sure the object is not being influenced by external forces. It is also helpful to repeat the practice multiple times and record the results to check for consistency.

3. What types of objects are typically used in this practice?

Commonly used objects include balls, blocks, and other small items that can easily be placed on a horizontal surface. The objects should be uniform in shape and size to eliminate any variables that may affect the results.

4. How does this practice relate to real-world situations?

The principles learned from practicing with objects on a horizontal surface can be applied to various real-world situations, such as designing structures or understanding the movement of objects in sports and other physical activities.

5. Can this practice help improve problem-solving skills?

Yes, this practice can improve problem-solving skills as it requires critical thinking and the ability to analyze and interpret data. It also helps in developing a systematic approach to finding solutions and identifying patterns in the results.