1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

On the boundry of choosing my major and school.

1. Jan 16, 2012 #1
    First let me start off that I'm not sure if this is the right section but will post anyhow.

I'm a junior in HS with a GPA of 4.06 (took PreAp courses)
    I'm strong in math and sciences(Except for chemistry)
    I have taken Computer Science and Cisco ccna exploration as for my technologies credits.
    (found them interesting and challenging but not impossible )

I'm interested In choosing a major in engeeniring or technologies, but want your opinion on which path I should take. I would love to have a major which I could beta high paying job.

1.I have been looking at aeronautical/aerospace engeeniring as I'm inspired by aviation (as a little kid I was always starring at planes and wanting anything related to them,.( video games RC etc.)
    I have done some research and I am a bit scared of choosing this as a major, as their is not a big market for jobs.

2.For my second choice for my major I would pick IT manager, I havent done much research about it, but I love anything to do with gadgets or technology. I'm pretty sure that getting a job will be easy as almost any business needs an IT guy.

3.Finally my third choice will have to be electrical engeeniring, as my dad majored in it.
    I Have not done much research about this as I can easily ask my dad if I decide to go this route.

4. Very unlikely but I sorta would love to go on the medical side.

For schools I have been thinking of applying for UT, A&M but I need more recommendations.
    I really want to be accepted to UT but as I stand I am in the top 20% of my school, so it's very unlikely that I will be accepted. I have heard good and bad things about A&M and would love some feedback if A&M is good for any of the majors I might pick.

Just to sum up my mess of words, I want to know which career I should pick in your opinion and a good school to apply to for that major. If you want to recommend me a certain major go ahead I'm open to ideas. Sorry if I'm not making much sense as I'm kinda frustrated over this topic.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2014 #2
    What a scrub I was, anyways update in case anybody got here by google.

Just an FYI I ended up choosing mechanical engineering as my major, 2 more years to go.

4. Sep 24, 2014 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Thanks for the update! Where did you end up going?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook