intrepidelder Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Sep 12, 2011 #1 How many atoms are in one mole of the element Lead(Pb) -Intrepid Elder
Integral Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper Gold Member Messages 7,232 Reaction score 66 Sep 12, 2011 #2 What does it mean to have a mole of something?
intrepidelder Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Sep 13, 2011 #3 I believe it means to have one molecule of a specific element. correct me if i am wrong
vela Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 16,226 Reaction score 2,896 Sep 13, 2011 #4 You're wrong. Look up the definition of a mole.
intrepidelder Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Sep 13, 2011 #5 a mole is similar to the term dozen, were as if I have one dozen eggs I have 12 eggs in all; where the atom is like the egg. so thus if I have x=mole and i desire to find the atoms i will take x(6.022*10^23)=atoms. correct?
a mole is similar to the term dozen, were as if I have one dozen eggs I have 12 eggs in all; where the atom is like the egg. so thus if I have x=mole and i desire to find the atoms i will take x(6.022*10^23)=atoms. correct?