One More Accelerated Parallel Force

In summary, the parallel force necessary to accelerate the 5.0 kg object at 12 m/s^2 on a horizontal surface with a coefficient of static friction of 0.15 and a coefficient of kinetic friction of 0.07 is 63.4 N. This is calculated by finding the normal force (FN) of 49 N and using the formula F=ma, where force equals the combination of the frictional force and the force required to accelerate the object. By using the coefficient of kinetic friction, the force is calculated to be 63.4 N.
ch3570r
"For a 5.0 kg object on a horizontal surface that has a coefiicient of static friciton where us = 0.15 and a coefficient of kinetic friction where uk = 0.07, what is the parallel force necessary to accelerate the object at 12 m/s^2."

a) 53.6 N
b) 56.6 N
c) 60.0 N
d) 63.4 N
e) 67.4 N

I found that the normal force (FN) is 49 N. The max force is 7.35 N. However, I don't know how I would go about finding a force needed to accelerate an object. ...help...

Physics news on Phys.org
Which mu should you use if the object is moving? The force in F=ma will be the combination of the frictional force and the force required to accelerate the mass...

by using F=ma, 5*12, I get 60. For the uk force, I multiplied 49*.07. then uk force + force = 63.4, answer D

What is "One More Accelerated Parallel Force"?

"One More Accelerated Parallel Force" is a scientific concept that describes the additional force required to accelerate an object in a parallel direction, when other forces are already acting on the object.

What is the significance of "One More Accelerated Parallel Force" in physics?

"One More Accelerated Parallel Force" is important in understanding the overall forces acting on an object and how they affect its motion. It can help scientists predict the trajectory and acceleration of an object in complex systems.

How is "One More Accelerated Parallel Force" different from regular acceleration?

The concept of "One More Accelerated Parallel Force" specifically refers to the additional force needed to accelerate an object in a parallel direction, while regular acceleration refers to any change in an object's velocity, regardless of direction.

What factors can affect "One More Accelerated Parallel Force"?

The magnitude and direction of other forces acting on the object, as well as the mass and acceleration of the object itself, can all affect the amount of "One More Accelerated Parallel Force" needed.

How is "One More Accelerated Parallel Force" calculated?

The formula for calculating "One More Accelerated Parallel Force" is F = ma - ΣF, where F is the additional force, m is the mass of the object, a is the acceleration, and ΣF is the sum of all other forces acting on the object.