Online course for probability and statistics with emphasis on python

In summary, there are various online courses that cover probability and statistics, with one recommended course being the Introduction to Probability and Statistics Using Python offered by DataCamp. This course covers the basics and advanced topics and includes visualizations using Python. More information can be found at the provided link.
Emekadavid
I have been looking for a way to learn probability and statistics online and have searched but found nothing yet. I am looking for a course on probability and statistics that will not only teach me the basics but all there is to know about the subject. I would love it if the visualizations are done with python. If anyone can help me, I will be very glad.
Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
in advance!There are a number of online courses available that focus on probability and statistics. One course that I can recommend is the Introduction to Probability and Statistics Using Python course offered by DataCamp. This course covers the basics of probability and statistics, such as probability distributions, hypothesis testing, and regression analysis, and provides hands-on coding exercises with Python. Additionally, the course also includes visualizations of data using Python. You can find more information about the course here: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/introduction-to-probability-and-statistics-in-python

1. What is the purpose of an online course for probability and statistics with emphasis on python?

An online course for probability and statistics with emphasis on python is designed to teach students the fundamentals of probability and statistics, with a focus on utilizing the python programming language to solve problems and analyze data. It is a valuable course for students looking to enter fields such as data science, machine learning, and statistics.

2. Do I need prior knowledge of python to take this course?

While some background knowledge of python may be helpful, it is not necessary to have prior experience with the language. The course will cover the basics of python and how it relates to probability and statistics, making it accessible to students with minimal programming experience.

3. What kind of topics will be covered in this course?

This course will cover topics such as basic probability concepts, descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, and data analysis using python. Students will also learn how to use python libraries and packages specifically designed for statistics and data analysis.

4. Can I take this course if I am not a math or computer science major?

Absolutely! This course is designed for students from all backgrounds and disciplines who are interested in learning about probability and statistics with the use of python. It is a great way to expand your skills and knowledge in a relevant and in-demand field.

5. How will the course be structured and delivered?

The course will be delivered entirely online through a learning platform. It will consist of video lectures, interactive exercises, and assignments to help reinforce the concepts taught. Students will also have access to a discussion forum to ask questions and collaborate with their peers. The course can be completed at the student's own pace, but it is recommended to follow the suggested timeline to stay on track.