Online courses for general physics

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for online courses in general physics. They mention a specific institution, Blusky, but warn against it being a joke. They also mention taking physics online for college and suggest getting books on elementary physics and waiting until physical science and physics classes in 8th and 12th grade.
jtesttubes
Im looking forward to do courses online on general physics, anyone knows any institutions where i can do this course if you know about the cost also please let me know i have to get permission from my parents.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe Blusky (the online HS in minnesota) offers a physics class, but its online HS and is an absolute joke. I am taking physics online for college (PSEO) in 2 semesters though. My suggestion is to get some books on elementary physics and learn from those, and wait until your physical science class (8th grade usually) and the actual physics class (12th grade)

There are many institutions that offer online courses for general physics, including universities, community colleges, and online learning platforms. Some popular options include Coursera, Khan Academy, and edX. The cost of these courses can vary, so it would be best to research each institution individually to determine the cost and any potential financial aid options. As for getting permission from your parents, it would be best to discuss your interest in taking an online physics course with them and explain the benefits it could have for your education and future career prospects. They may also be able to help you with the cost and any necessary arrangements. Good luck with your studies!

1. What is the difference between an online course and a traditional course for general physics?

Online courses for general physics are typically conducted entirely online, while traditional courses involve attending in-person lectures and labs. Online courses often offer more flexibility in terms of when and where you can complete coursework, but may have less hands-on experience compared to traditional courses.

2. How do online courses for general physics ensure the same level of quality education as traditional courses?

Online courses for general physics typically have the same curriculum and learning objectives as traditional courses. Instructors may use a variety of tools and techniques, such as virtual labs and interactive simulations, to ensure students receive a quality education. Additionally, online courses often have the same accreditation and standards as traditional courses.

3. How do I interact with my peers and instructor in an online course for general physics?

Online courses for general physics may have discussion forums, virtual office hours, and other online platforms for students to interact with their peers and instructor. Some courses may also require group projects or assignments to encourage collaboration and discussion among students.

4. Can I still get hands-on experience in an online course for general physics?

While online courses for general physics may not have the same level of hands-on experience as traditional courses, they may still incorporate virtual labs and simulations to provide practical learning opportunities. Some online courses may also require students to complete in-person lab sessions at a designated location.

5. How do I know if an online course for general physics is right for me?

Online courses for general physics may be a good fit for those who have a flexible schedule, are self-motivated, and have access to reliable internet and technology. It is important to research the course curriculum, instructor, and reviews from previous students to determine if an online course is the best option for your learning style and goals.