1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Online education degree - what do you think of it?

1. Nov 26, 2008 #1

I'm thinking of attending college online but i have no idea where to start? Does any of you have experience with online distance learning? What should i expect? Is it any good or I should just go to a traditional college.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2008 #2

Gold Member

my gut has always said no, so I've never even bothered investigating the credibility.

Then I wonder how many employers feel the same way I do and decided it wasn't worth the risk.
  4. Nov 26, 2008 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For your undergrad degree, I say go the traditional route.
  5. Nov 27, 2008 #4

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I think it's fine to do undergraduate work online, but not all the credits. For example, I have a business diploma and I took an online course to help finish it.

I wouldn't substitute all my real courses for online courses.

I will most likely be getting a Bachelor's of Commerce degree from an online school, but that's after completing a B. Sc. and two years of business school. I only need a few courses to get the degree now.
  6. Nov 27, 2008 #5
    Hi, I don't know what your schedule is or the reason behind why you want to study online and not go to a traditional college. One way you can know if it's any good is by looking at what other students taking online classes have experienced. By reading online college reviews written by other online students can help you decide.

All the best.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?