Online sourses to learn chi square test of homogeneity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Tyto alba
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
I want to study chi square test of homogeneity from any authentic source- book / website especially problems where samples are compared for more than one attribute.

Chi square test of homogeneity is a Chi square test that determines whether two or more independent random samples are from the same or different population.

What are some relevant sources?

Relevant background:

I was studying examples from random online sources before I saw this book in which a second X2
has been calculated and has been substracted from the principle X
2 (the one we usually find). This is inconsistent to the examples I saw online.
6KZQc.png

rjFvk.png

Infact we are being taught the latter process.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This may help, it's an online statistics course. The second to last section covers chi square. I'm giving you the whole table of contents in case you need to review other videos in the course.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28928849/Webpages/Statistics_OnlineStatBook.html
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Tyto alba
I checked your recommended Rice University video on Homogeneity. I also went through a number of other university websites (and videos) and all of them have solved homogeneity in the line of test of independence which appears very semantic to me. I was wondering if the process mentioned in my book (snip offs in OP) is wrong. I couldn't understand what was the need to subtract the usual X2 from the X2 obtained from adding the data points of a particular category (here yellow and green seeds) as the author has done.