My apologies all, (a bit about me- after a head injury everything (my memory) is mixed, jumbled, or missing, so most things have to be relearned (the joke is that i don't retain anything for more than a few days), I've been told that I was a inventor and even though i don't remember some things won't let you go (I hope no one else ever understands this statement).
I need a house (due to my condition) and wish to give my wife, who has never been anywhere outside a small town, her wishes to travel the world.
we have nothing but time, and in theory a floating house is ideal.
I realize that i will have to engauge a professional engineer to make all final specs. However at this stage I wish to explore if this is possibly a resonable idea...
attached is a design for a ocean going boat made out of lexan (bullet resistant plastic).
I want to use lexan for a few reasons- it can be lamanited to itself to any thickness and still remain transparent (theorically the sphere can be 1m or more in thickness), it is light weight, it can be repaired with lexan, resin or other bonding agent, easy to clean, etc...
the propolsion system etc... is omitted as its not needed.
I am looking for a few things from the design (based on a sphere is the strongest shape)-
size vrs space,
sealed compartments,
safety (impak, pressure etc...),
Any rogue wave or high seas (storms etc...) will hit the vessel and instead of it cutting through the wave, it submerges under the waves force and resurfaces, (i realize that there is turbulance and vessel will spin and roll 360 degs) but act like a cork (as long as the structure doesn't fail the vessel has to resurface at some point- decompressing a air ballast tank can control this.
If a room/compartment fails by cracking a dome shaped perspex can be sealed to the outside, the room pumped out and lexan or other resin can be utilised to make repairs.
360 deg view, from anywhere onboard.
A vessel that can be mored in a harbour and used for a house indeffently.
A vessel that can withstand nature and extreem seas.
the spheres need to be (ID) 2500mm min - However 3000mm is more to what we need to be comfortable.