Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Orthogonal properties of confluent hypergeometric functions

1. Sep 15, 2015 #1
    Hi

Can anyone point to me a reference where orthogonal properties of confluent hypergeometric functions are discussed?

Navaneeth

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2015 #2
    The following relates to parameters on lattice points; but most orthogonality expositions do the same; i.e. sums over f(n,x) with n integer.
    Doing a google search I came up with: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S037704270500381X
    In particular:
    Section 3 establishes the orthogonality conditions for Kummer functions; this relationship corresponds to an apparently new type of scalar product space for them.
    The paper is a free .pdf link on that site. Section 2 looks similar to the Lie Algebra dissections of hypergoemetric functions. I haven't read the whole paper and am not (yet) strong enough in Lie Algebra to answer questions on the similiarity. But I can give a link if wanted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook