I think you're right, kidsmoker. The earlier editions seem to only mention Sears and Zemansky, and then Young and Freedman seem to get in on the act. The book's alright, but I tended only to use them for problems (quite a lot of the lecturers used the book to set problems from so it's worth it if only to use it for that purpose). It explains it quite well, and a few lecturers seem to base their courses around it, but if ever I was stuck, I'd use either Wiki or Hyperphysics.
As for general advice, I'd encourage you to get involved as much as possible. There are so many societies and sports clubs (including Physoc - we're planning a trip to the European Space Agency next year, touch wood! </advertising>). I'd really urge you to enjoy your first year as much as possible - it'll go so quickly! Obviously I'm not encouraging you to ignore your studies, but the first year will be so much more relaxed/work free than your subsequent years, that you really should make the most of it. Also, don't feel as if you have to stay in the Warwick Bubble all the time. Explore the area; Leamington's a nice place, and Coventry's got quite a few decent shops. Also, you're deceptively close to Birmingham. In fact, given that I lived close to Canley Train station and I had a railcard, it cost me less to get a day return to Brum by train than it did to Cov by bus.
Anyway, good luck with results in a couple of weeks (although I'm sure you won't need it!) and have fun when you come to Warwick!