Out of school for years, but now

  • Thread starter Thread starter kctexas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    School Years
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
kctexas
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello to all, I have been out of high school for some time now, since 1994 to be exact. So in 18 years I haven't had any direct contact with any algebra or any such math in some time. Actually I can't remember the last time I was asked to do an equation; until now. I'm currently at a CC and college algebra, while not too hard to understand is actually taking some time to come back to me. Can anyone here give some advice as to what extra steps I can take to remember theorems? Or maybe a website that actually gives problems to solve? I've searched a few websites, but they only mainly help if you already have a problem not actually giving problems to be solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey kctexas and welcome to the forums.

Is this related to a course you are currently doing at your CC? If so do you have a textbook to work out of or access to a library?
 
Well I just want to make sure I have a better understanding of College Algebra before the next step, which I believe is pre-calc. It's coming up on the end of the semester.
@ mindheavy thanks for the web addy, I'll check it out.