1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Out of school for years, but now

1. Oct 30, 2012 #1
    Hello to all, I have been out of high school for some time now, since 1994 to be exact. So in 18 years I haven't had any direct contact with any algebra or any such math in some time. Actually I can't remember the last time I was asked to do an equation; until now. I'm currently at a CC and college algebra, while not too hard to understand is actually taking some time to come back to me. Can anyone here give some advice as to what extra steps I can take to remember theorems? Or maybe a website that actually gives problems to solve? I've searched a few websites, but they only mainly help if you already have a problem not actually giving problems to be solved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2012 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey kctexas and welcome to the forums.

Is this related to a course you are currently doing at your CC? If so do you have a textbook to work out of or access to a library?

4. Oct 31, 2012 #3
    http://www.thatquiz.org

this site is pretty cool. you should definitely check it out if you're looking for math problems.

5. Oct 31, 2012 #4
    Well I just want to make sure I have a better understanding of College Algebra before the next step, which I believe is pre-calc. It's coming up on the end of the semester.
    @ mindheavy thanks for the web addy, I'll check it out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook