Paper on Unified Theory of Superman's Powers

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Galteeth
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
http://www.qwantz.com/fanart/superman.pdf

"It is
our opinion that all of Superman's recognized powers can be unified if his
power is the ability to manipulate, from atomic to kilometer length scales,
the inertia of his own and any matter with which he is in contact."

It has nice figures illiustrating the physics too!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I like the superpowers of Japanese (and Chinese) Heroes, which basically amount to arbitrary storage and delivery of Energy, but they are still bound to preserve momentum. So to change direction in flight, they need to release an stone, a ring, even a hair or any small object with (super) high speed. Or at least an "energy pulse".
 
BobG said:
It's been previously assumed that Superman would be incapable of sexual reproduction (Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex). I wonder if the unified theory of Superman's powers will change that assumption.

I believe it would! Of course there's still the DNA compatability issue.