Basically monitored wrist straps tell you if you're properly grounded so as not to zap an electronic component when you touch it.
Non-monitored straps should be tested once a day to verify that they are properly grounding you which means you run the risk oflosing ground at some point and zapping a chip ruining that device you're putting together or repairing.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving