1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Perturbation theory in qm self study

1. Feb 11, 2015 #1
    i am currently self studying qm, and i am trying to plan ahead since i am relatively over with griffiths part1 (which is the theory part) and i was wondering if i should go ahead to part 2 (applications) or should i just keep this for later and attempt to stregnthen my basics in qm from another book like Shankar for example. So what do you recommend? Go ahead with applications, strengthen basics, or sth else of your recommendation? Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2015 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

There is no best answer to that question. I would suggest going through the entire book once, before going deeper in any topic. I think you will learn more be knowing first a little about many aspects, and then move up in level for the next textbook, where you will encounter many of the topics again, but will get a better understanding because of your broader knowledge.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook