PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #2,206
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6623/painfulme6al.jpg

OK here is the best picture I can find:bugeye: . I was camping with my troop in Alaska. It was day 5. We had set out from Fairbanks, thinking that we could take it, but horror awaited.:rolleyes: . That picture shows me right after I capsized in the glacier water after we hit an eddie line. Of course we had to capsize in the glacier water, after everyone else capsized in the rapids :mad:. I lost my hat :cry: and I had to drag our boat to shore. I was wearing a my best (and only) sweater :cry: . The really sad part about this picture though, is that I was trying to smile. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,207
scott_alexsk said:

OK here is the best picture I can find:bugeye: . I was camping with my troop in Alaska. It was day 5. We had set out from Fairbanks, thinking that we could take it, but horror awaited.:rolleyes: . That picture shows me right after I capsized in the glacier water after we hit an eddie line. Of course we had to capsize in the glacier water, after everyone else capsized in the rapids :mad:. I lost my hat :cry: and I had to drag our boat to shore. I was wearing a my best (and only) sweater :cry: . The really sad part about this picture though, is that I was trying to smile. .
lookin' good...

• #2,208
scott_alexsk said:

both the background and the front of this picture look quite impressive

marlon

• #2,209
scott_alexsk said:
Sounds like a bad day.

You're a cutie! :!)

• #2,210
Here are two more recent pictures...one with me taking care of my nephew...I have a real tired, crazy, look because of stressful finals.

The other one with the guitar was after a haircut and 3 bottles of chilled Guiness.

Attachments

• n12810553_30223507_5134.jpg
    n12810553_30223507_5134.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 376
  • n12810553_30223061_9383.jpg
    n12810553_30223061_9383.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 381
  • #2,211
Evo said:
Awwww, cute as ever... :approve:
Evo said:
You're cute! :approve:
Evo said:
Aww, how cute!
Evo said:
Damn, you are looking fine! :approve:
Evo said:
You're a cutie! :!)
Someday, I hope, Evo's going to post sleepwalking, and we'll read "Welcome to PF, Bose-Einstein2000, but pee-you! What a stomach-churningly, butt ugly flounder-face you have!"

Last edited:
  • #2,212
back in summer...

Attachments

• upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 385
  • #2,213
zoobyshoe said:
Someday, I hope, Evo's going to post sleepwalking, and we'll read "Welcome to PF, Bose-Einstein2000, but pee-you! What a stomach-churningly, butt ugly flounder-face you have!"
Oh, how cute! :biggrin:

• #2,214
Well, here I finally am:

Attachments

• 02-19-06_0135.jpg
    02-19-06_0135.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 413
  • 01-19-06_0059.jpg
    01-19-06_0059.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 02-19-06_0136.jpg
    02-19-06_0136.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 410
  • #2,215
Evo said:
MONI! Damn, you are looking fine! :approve: I've been worried about you, don't stay away for such a long time!

Thanks Evo...thanks a lot for remembering me after such a long break :)
I'm still little bit busy with my works, outside town...I'll be back just after next month...and Hope to be regular here :)

Haha...then how many cuties are in this forum now? ;)

• #2,216
Very handsome, Franz! You were worth the wait!

• #2,217
franznietzsche said:
Well, here I finally am:
Damn, you're cute too! Smart, cute, I wish I was 18 again. :cry:

• #2,218
Evo said:

If you were 18 again and you happen to see him. You'd be too shy and still expect him to make the first move. Before you've even thought about saying what you're going to say he's already made up his mind that you're playing too many games and won't put up with it :biggrin:

• #2,219
glad to see you at least cleaned up before taking the picture. Those are dirty dishes on the shelf behind you right?

• #2,220
tribdog said:
glad to see you at least cleaned up before taking the picture. Those are dirty dishes on the shelf behind you right?

Actually that's my roomate's side of the room :biggrin: My side is buried in physics books and engineering paper with worked problems. And a good sized forest's worth of photocopies from various astrophysical journals, and source code printouts. I actually have filled an entire laundry basket with such things.

The_Professional said:
If you were 18 again and you happen to see him. You'd be too shy and still expect him to make the first move. Before you've even thought about saying what you're going to say he's already made up his mind that you're playing too many games and won't put up with it

I'm insulted . You've got it all wrong. Much more likely I'd assume from her silence that she didn't have anything interesting to say and just carry on my way (damn, I am really bitter). The part you described doesn't happen usually until at least halfway through the first date.

• #2,221
Evo said:

Yeah, but I'm bitter, so its not as good a deal as it appears.

• #2,222
Hahahaaaaa

Last edited:
  • #2,223
I'll post a picture of me some day when I find ones that can fit the format size and still be worht looking at. Picture quality wise not looks wise that is :biggrin:

• #2,224
Francis M said:
I'll post a picture of me some day when I find ones that can fit the format size and still be worht looking at. Picture quality wise not looks wise that is :biggrin:
You can resize stuff easily in Paint. Get the image to Paint, click on "image", click on "stretch/skew" then type the same percentage into both horizontal and vertical in "stretch". If you want to cut a picture by half, say, you type 50% into both horizontal and vertical stretch. You can enlarge, too, but typing percentages greater than 100%, but the image quality goes down.

• #2,225
Poor Sting&ziad (posts 2222&2224)!
None of them has received the female attention they deserve.
They must be mortified!

Evo, how could you treat them so cruelly? :confused:

• #2,226
zoobyshoe said:
You can resize stuff easily in Paint. Get the image to Paint, click on "image", click on "stretch/skew" then type the same percentage into both horizontal and vertical in "stretch". If you want to cut a picture by half, say, you type 50% into both horizontal and vertical stretch. You can enlarge, too, but typing percentages greater than 100%, but the image quality goes down.

Or you can try Google's Picassa. A lot easier and more fun with better features.

• #2,227
The_Professional said:
Or you can try Google's Picassa. A lot easier and more fun with better features.
I've never heard of that one. I only mentioned Paint cause it comes with Windows so you know just about anyone you talk to has it. I actually have 4 image editing programs now, and don't use Paint very often anymore.

• #2,228
On a different note, I was looking back over various pages in this thread and it's peppered with pics of people who stopped into PF long enough to post their photo, get some perfunctory compliments from the greeter/mentors, and who then disappeared, never to be heard from again.

It could be people should have to be active members for about three months, or attain a certain post count, before they're allowed to post a pic.

Sorry about all the alliteration in the first sentence.

• #2,229
While its fun to look at pics people post, its also nice to maintain the sense of privacy that comes with not posting a pic.

• #2,230
CosminaPrisma said:
While its fun to look at pics people post, its also nice to maintain the sense of privacy that comes with not posting a pic.
We both need an alliteration vaccination.

• #2,231
This year's picture.

http://myspace-973.vo.llnwd.net/00406/37/98/406928973_l.jpg

• #2,232
I'm strongly reminded of young Luke Skywalker if you don't mind my saying so, Captain ZappO.

• #2,233
arildno said:
Poor Sting&ziad (posts 2222&2224)!
None of them has received the female attention they deserve.
They must be mortified!

Evo, how could you treat them so cruelly? :confused:
I've previously commneted on Sting, but I completely missed ziad. :frown:

Ziad you're cute! And of course as previously said, Sting is CUTE!

(I've been way too busy lately)

Thank you arildno for pointing these two hotties out to me. :-p

• #2,234
Ok, just saw Captain Zapp0.

Another cutie!

• #2,235
Evo don't your hands hurt yet from pinching so many cheeks?:-p

Likes gracy
  • #2,236
franznietzsche said:
Well said!

• #2,237
franznietzsche said:
Hey, I only pinch the cute ones. (pinches franz) :biggrin:

• #2,238
Evo,,who is this in your avi...looks like an familiar face

• #2,239
Evo said:
A picture of me taken at Spawn's house last Sunday, looking sad, tired and anemic. I was coming down with the plague, which I now have.
The plague? or do you mean the flu?

Take care and I hope you get better quickly.

• #2,240
Me shaving my hair into a mohawk. I suprised a few people in the lab.

Attachments

• mohawk.jpg
    mohawk.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 457