Photo Contest - Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder (11/3-11/9)

In summary, the photo contest has a theme of "Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder" and encourages photos that capture unconventional beauty. Photos can be submitted through a designated page or social media with a specific hashtag, following the rules and deadlines provided by the organizers. Editing of photos is allowed as long as the original content is not altered and the theme is followed. The judging of photos will be done by a panel of experts or through popular vote, depending on the contest guidelines. Prizes for winners may include monetary rewards or exposure and recognition through various platforms.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

This week's contest might be a challenge. You need to find something in which not everyone will find to be either beautiful, or even "artful". Especially in the world of modern art, there are things that some people find to be beautiful or lovely, but others just find the opposite, ugly and maybe even nonsensical. Your photo must have, as its main subject, something that fits into this description. This means that cute little babies or pets no longer qualify! However, an ugly pug with a face only a mother could love, might!

:)

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Saw this sculpture while walking around the city one day. I'm sure it is a work of art to some, and a piece of twisted metal junk to some others. :)

img2977u.jpg

Zz.

marzena_beauty.jpg

Likes fireflies
"Potato man" A local 'sculpture'

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/potatoman.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
http://imageshack.us/a/img834/6226/cutedogy.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
rhijp3.jpg

How broad is the spectrum of beauty?

Just a question.

marcin_beauty_eye_beholder.jpg

Borek said:
marcin_beauty_eye_beholder.jpg

Wooahhh! Where did you find this? :bugeye:

Final day to submit your photo for this contest.

Zz.

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of this photo contest is "Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder". This means that the photos should capture something that may not be traditionally seen as beautiful, but can be appreciated as beautiful by an individual's unique perspective.

2. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo for the contest, you can either upload it to the designated contest page or share it on social media with the designated hashtag. Make sure to follow the specific guidelines and deadlines provided by the contest organizers.

3. Can I edit my photo before submitting it?

Yes, you can edit your photo before submitting it for the contest. However, make sure that any edits you make do not alter the original content of the photo and adhere to the rules and theme of the contest.

4. Who will judge the photos?

The photos will be judged by a panel of experts or by popular vote, depending on the rules and regulations set by the contest organizers. This information should be provided in the contest guidelines.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners vary depending on the contest. Some may offer monetary rewards, while others may offer exposure and recognition through social media or other platforms. Make sure to check the contest guidelines for information on prizes.