PH Tester for Solids: Buy, Price & Info

• Thread starter sirsomething
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ph Solids
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a pH tester for solids, specifically in the context of measuring the pH of a tooth to detect cavities. The speaker clarifies that the pH of a solid is not the same as that of a solution coating the solid, and asks for recommendations on where to buy such a tester.
sirsomething
Hello everyone,

First of all thank you for your help.

I'd like to know if there are any ph testers for solids not diluted and where can I buy them and how much would they cost.

Thanks!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What does the pH of a solid mean? A measure of the pH only makes sense for an aqueous solution.

DrClaude said:
What does the pH of a solid mean? A measure of the pH only makes sense for an aqueous solution.

I'm studying a project in which we are trying to measure the ph of a tooth in order to detect a carie. That's why we'd like to get a ph tester for solids

Ok, so you're not measuring the pH of a solid, but the pH of a solution coating the solid.

I can't help you further, but hopefully some others can.

Related to PH Tester for Solids: Buy, Price & Info

1. What is a PH tester for solids?

A PH tester for solids is a device used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of solid materials, such as soil, food, or cosmetics. It uses a probe or sensor to detect the PH level of the substance and displays the results on a digital screen.

2. How does a PH tester for solids work?

A PH tester for solids works by using a probe or sensor that is inserted into the substance being tested. The probe then measures the concentration of hydrogen ions in the substance, which determines its PH level. The results are displayed on a digital screen in either a numerical or color-coded format.

3. Why is it important to test the PH of solids?

The PH of solids can have a significant impact on their quality, effectiveness, and safety. For example, in gardening, the PH of soil can affect plant growth and nutrient absorption. In food production, the PH of ingredients can affect taste, texture, and shelf life. Testing the PH of solids ensures that they meet the desired standards and can help prevent potential issues.

4. How much does a PH tester for solids cost?

The cost of a PH tester for solids can vary depending on its features and brand. On average, a basic PH tester for solids can range from $15 to $50, while more advanced models can cost upwards of $100. It is important to consider your specific needs and budget when choosing a PH tester for solids.

5. Where can I buy a PH tester for solids?

PH testers for solids can be purchased from various online retailers, such as Amazon, as well as from specialty scientific equipment stores. They may also be available at local gardening or home improvement stores. It is important to research and compare prices and features before making a purchase.