• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Intro Physics Photon and charged particle interactions with matter

I am about to teach some of an introductory course for bachelor students in the field of medical physics. More specifically the topic "Photon and charged particle interactions with matter" in respect to radiation therapy (again, medical physics). I know there are a lot of topics within radiation therapy, but this is the topic I was given by my supervisor to teach. My problem is that I also need to find problems within this topic, and the books I have myself (beyond a bachelor level introductory course) are probably a bit to much for bachelor students.
So I was hoping some of you might be able to point me in the direction of a good textbook that also contains problems with regards to this topic ? It should be noted that the students might spend about 8 hours in total on this topic - which I know isn't a lot. But again, it's an introductory course.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

DrClaude

Mentor
Could you give more details about the material that is going to be presented on the subject?

Could you give more details about the material that is going to be presented on the subject?
That is kind of the deal. My supervisor has told me that I (and other PhD students) would have to find textbooks etc. on our different topics. And then they would go through the material as well. So basically my topic would be about how radiation is deposited into matter (i.e. the body of a human being in the case of cancer treatment). This would probably include some dose-volume-histograms, Bragg peaks for charged particles (maybe even the Bethe equation), direct and indirect ionization, and so forth.