Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Photonic Crystal Fibres and COMSOL

1. Jan 5, 2010 #1
    Hello everyone, I am trying to understand COMSOL 3.5 and I am interested in Photonic crystal fibres and tapered optical fibres. First of all, could you please tell me what is the background of the layout? When you create a design/object, the rest area is air or I need to define another object as the environment?
    Now, could you please tell me where I can find instructions of how creating a PCF structure in COMSOL? Furthermore, do you know any good notes/books for COMSOL for photonic applications??
    Thank you in advance

Chris

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2010 #2
    Have you seen this paper yet on Confinement Loss Computations in Photonic Crystal Fibres using a Novel Perfectly Matched Layer Design? http://www.comsol.com/papers/1083/ [Broken]
    It may help.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Jan 15, 2010 #3
    Yes my friend, I have already found this paper but its not really helpful because its more theoretical analysis. I need the COMSOL file, in order to start working in that. Do you have any other ideas?

Best Regards,
    Chris

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Jan 15, 2010 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook