1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro Physics Physics Book to do along with Calc I through III?

1. Apr 13, 2016 #1
    I am working through "Calculus with Analytic Geometry" by George Simmons, and he does touch on some physics problems, but I would like to expand on this and add the Physics to it.

I do have high school physics as a base, but I would like a physics book(s) that covers Physics 1&2, then maybe even Electromagnetism and so on? Maybe some of the free physics books can be suggested as well?

How about the Introductory Physics 1&2 from the free books thread?

I am also prepared to purchase some books if they offer a better learning experience/problem sets.

Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2016 #2
    How about Univeristy Physics with Modern Physics by Bauer/Westfall ? I was also looking at An Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner/Kolenkow - but the latter would require a gap filling as I understand it?

Thanks

4. Apr 13, 2016 #3
    I'd recommend Shankar's Fundamentals of Physics I and II. They're good books, and a series of his lectures teaching the university classes from them is available to watch for free online. They're also very reasonably priced at less than $30 each.

If you just want books and don't care about video lectures, and if you want to save a lot of money, you could get both volumes of an older edition of Halliday and Resnick. I learned out of one of the 90s editions, and i still use them for reference.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted