1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics' connection to Pharmacy

1. Aug 10, 2011 #1
    We have a short film project in Physics about the role of Physics in our course. I am a pharmacy student and me and my 3 teammates tried to write a plot summary but our storyline is not that good.

Can you provide me with any ideas we can do for our project? Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2011 #2
    If it can be related to pharmacological research there is something called radioisotopic labeling. There's also molecular physics just about everywhere in pharmacology.

4. Aug 11, 2011 #3
    My colleague and I were writing the standard operating procedures today for some radioimmunoassays that we will be doing in October. Radioactive decay, tracer half-life calculation, tracer concentration calculation, Gamma-ray CPM calculation, radiation safety, etc.. All related to physics!

And our highlight of the day was we found out the gamma counter at our department is broken! So in October we will have to go to our neighbor - school of pharmacy - to use their gamma counter! Now, a new chapter in our SOP is needed - radioactive material transportation safety! :)

5. Aug 12, 2011 #4
    Thank you so much dimensionless and zspdztzx! I will try to make a plot with your suggestions. Thanks again! :)

6. Aug 12, 2011 #5

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can't spell physics or pharmacy without 'ph'. Medicinal compounds were once called 'physics' (plural)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook