1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics or engineering for major?

1. Jul 26, 2014 #1
    I will be starting my third year of community college next month and up until now I have been set on studying physics. I chose physics because I really like the material but I am worried that I won't be able to get a good job without going to grad school and I'm not sure if I want to stay in school for too much longer. I have also heard that getting a bachelors degree in engineering is very good in the job market. I will need to transfer to a university after this year and I want to decide which one I want to go with. Are there any jobs could I get with a bachelors degree in physics? If I transfer to a university for physics how hard would it be to switch over to engineering later on?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2014 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Changing majors as a transfer student is often times impossible, so I wouldn't count on that.

Can you get a job with a Bachelor in Physics, sure? Is it easier than with an engineering degree? No. If you don't plan on going to grad school, then engineering would be the better route as far as the job market is concerned.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook