Physics question here help please.Is my solution correct?

• Thread starter Questions999
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, a gas with 4 moles, initially at 300 K and 10 atm, undergoes a change of state with a decrease in temperature of 50 K and an increase in volume of 10 liters. To find the final temperature and volume, we can use the equation P*v=n*R*T and the given information to find V1 and then use V2=V1+∆V to find the final volume. However, when doing this calculation, one should pay attention to units and use the correct value for pressure (10 atm instead of just 10).
Questions999
A moster of a gas has 4 moles and first is in the temperature 300 K and pressure 10 atmosphere.After a change of state, ∆T= -50 K and ∆V=10 liter.Find the final temperature ,volume and pressure of the gas.

2. Homework Equations

P*v=n*R*T

3. The Attempt at a Solution
So T2-T1=-50 <=> T2=300-50=250 K
Now,to find V2, I thought : Find V1 first and then do V2-V1=∆V. From pv=nRT where T =300,pressure is 10 and the moles are 4. I Find that V1=997.2 here I replace V2-997.2=10 but V2 isn't the same as in my textbook..what did I do wrong

Physics news on Phys.org
Try to work with units, this could help. I don't think V1=997.2 liters, and if it is something else you cannot simply add 10 to the numerical value.

Take a look again at your pressure... It is 10 atmospheres not just 10. You will end up with a much smaller value for volume

1. How do I know if my solution to a physics problem is correct?

There is no definitive way to know if your solution is correct, but there are a few steps you can take to check your work. First, make sure you have correctly applied all relevant equations and principles. Next, check your units and make sure they are consistent. Finally, if possible, try plugging your solution back into the original problem to see if it yields the correct result.

2. I'm not sure where to start with this physics problem. What should I do?

Start by writing down all the given information and identifying what is being asked in the problem. Then, try to identify any relevant equations or principles that could help you solve the problem. If you are still stuck, try breaking the problem down into smaller parts and tackling them one at a time.

3. I keep getting the wrong answer to this physics problem. What am I doing wrong?

First, double check your calculations and make sure you are using the correct units. If your answer still doesn't match the correct answer, try going back to the problem and carefully examining each step of your solution. Look for any potential errors or places where you may have made a mistake. If you are still unsure, consult with a classmate or your instructor for assistance.

4. I'm struggling to understand the physics concept in this problem. How can I improve my understanding?

If you are struggling with a specific concept, try seeking out additional resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, or asking your instructor for clarification. You can also try working through similar problems to solidify your understanding. Don't be afraid to ask for help or seek out extra practice to improve your understanding.

5. Can you provide me with some tips for solving physics problems more efficiently?

The key to solving physics problems efficiently is to break them down into smaller, manageable parts. Start by identifying the given information and what is being asked in the problem. Then, use relevant equations and principles to solve for each part separately. Lastly, don't forget to check your units and double check your calculations to ensure accuracy. With practice, you will become more efficient at solving physics problems.