A rifle bullet of mass 10g is fired and takes 2.0 ms to travel down the rifle barrel of length 0.50m with constant acceleration
- Calculate the muzzle velocity (bullet velocity on leaving the barrel)
- Calculate the acceleration in the barrel
- After travelling a short distance through air, the resistance of which can be neglected, the bullet hits a target and penetrated to a depth of 2.5 cm. Calculate the average force acting on of the bullet while it is coming to rest.
The Attempt at a Solution
m=10 t=2ms=0.002 s l=0.5 m
- I dont know this one but I need it to get the other answers
- a = 0-v/0.002 Then use v that I get in 1)?
- Do I just use F = ma here? after getting a in 2)
Last edited by a moderator: