1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics to Mathematics

1. Apr 22, 2005 #1
    :smile:
    I am a Physics Grad. But now I am interested in getting a post-grad degree in Mathematics.Is it at all possible ? 'cos my job does not let me attend college.I wish there was a correspondence course.Any advice? :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2005 #2
  4. Apr 22, 2005 #3

bfd

Quote from Steven Krantz's A Mathematician's Survival Guide: "It helps to be a math major, but that is not essential. Physics majors, and other majors also go to graduate school in mathematics."

I would also suggest, besides picking up that book, taking extra upper division math courses in order to expand your bredth of knowledge and possibly retool your math skills if need be. I also recently picked up All the Mathematics You Missed [But Need to know for Graduate School]" by Thomas A. Garrity. It seems to be an excellent guideline for such a task.

5. Apr 25, 2005 #4
    TY bfd and kieron.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?