Nick Bruno Messages 98 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jul 24, 2009 #1 Does anyone know if piezos like pvdf's can be fabricated as a rod rather than a strip?
0xDEADBEEF Messages 815 Reaction score 1 Jul 28, 2009 #2 From what I read on wikipedia piezoelectric films seem to be the exception not the norm. Can you use a quartz rod or does it need to be a plastic?
From what I read on wikipedia piezoelectric films seem to be the exception not the norm. Can you use a quartz rod or does it need to be a plastic?
Nick Bruno Messages 98 Reaction score 0 Aug 3, 2009 #3 strips are fairly common. I even own one in strip form. As for a quartz rod, it would be too stiff. I would need something with a lower modulus to allow for bending.
strips are fairly common. I even own one in strip form. As for a quartz rod, it would be too stiff. I would need something with a lower modulus to allow for bending.