Pirate copy vs. genuine, unadulterated copy

  • Thread starter Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 5K views
newjerseyrunner said:
It's definitely not free, the previous poster was mistaken. But please don't tell me you paid over $100 for your license? You can easily get it for less than $40. https://softwarelicense4u.com/operatingsystems/windows-10-professional-32-64bit-209
Please say in which way I am mistaken. I didn't pay for Windows and the only limitation I have encountered thus far is the inability to tweak the Settings.
I did not bought Windows when I bought my pc. I built it piece by piece (and even made a thread here on PF about it), it came without any OS preinstalled. I installed Linux on it only. Thereafter the free version of Windows 10, for free, in a VM. But I could have installed it on the hard disk for free.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
newjerseyrunner said:
It's definitely not free, the previous poster was mistaken. But please don't tell me you paid over $100 for your license? You can easily get it for less than $40. https://softwarelicense4u.com/operatingsystems/windows-10-professional-32-64bit-209
No, I didn't pay for Win10 -- I was just checking on the price. I'm running Win 7, which came with the computer, which means that some part of the price I paid was for Win 7.