Please help me to solve these problems

• Thread starter moaath
  • Start date
In summary, a particle starts from the origin at t=0 with a velocity of 5.00 j m/s and moves in the xy plane with constant acceleration (2.00 i+1.00 j) m/s2. When the particle x-coordinate is 27.7 m, what is its y coordinate? The answers to three significant figures are 3.1467440703.
moaath
please help me to solve these problems...

Homework Chapter 4 - 2D motion
MUAD GUTUB
Started: November 7, 2008 11:47 PM
Questions: 9

Instructions
(Points: 1)
A particle starts from the origin at t=0 with a velocity of 5.00 j m/s and moves in the xy plane with constant acceleration (2.00 i+1.00 j) m/s2. When the particle x-coordinate is 27.7 m, what is its y coordinate? Give the answers to three significant figures.
Answer
Save Answer

A moderate wind accelerates a pebble over a horizontal xy plane with a constant acceleration a=(2.0 m/s2) i + (3.00 m/s2) j . At time t=0, the velocity is 5.00 (m/s) i. What is magnitude of its velocity when it has been displaced by 20.5 m parallel to x-axis? Give three significant figures.
Answer
Save Answer

A cart is propelled over an xy plane with an acceleration ax = - 2.00 m/s2 and ay = 1.00 m/s2 . Its velocity has components vox= 13.5 m/s and voy= 14.1 m/s. What is magnitude of cart’s velocity when it reaches its greatest x-coordinate? Give three significant figures.

Answer
Save Answer

A ball is shot from ground into the air. At a height of 8.7 m, its velocity is v=(2.0 i + 4.0 j), with i horizontal and j upward. What total horizontal distance the ball travel? Give two significant figures
Answer
Save Answer

A plane diving with constant speed at an angle of 54.6 degrees with the vertical (an angle of (90 - 54.6) below the horizontal x-axis), releases a projectile at an altitude of 800 m. The projectile hit the ground 4.0 s later. What is the angle of the projectile velocity with the x-axis when it hit the ground? Give three significant figures and to match the answer stored in the computer, please provide the answer with a negative sign - measured below the clockwise.
Answer
Save Answer

A woman rides a carnival Ferris wheel with radius 19.7 m, completing six revolutions about its horizontal axis every minute. What is magnitude of her centripetal acceleration at her highest point? Give the answer to three significant figures.
Answer
Save Answer

A particle moves horizontally in uniform circular motion over a xy plane. At one instant, it moves through the point at coordinates (2.00 m, 2.00 m) with a velocity of -6.75 i m/s and an acceleration of 16.2 j m/s2. What is y coordinates of the center of the circular path? Give three significant figures.
Answer
Save Answer

A person walk up a stalled 12.0-m long escalator in 60 s. When standing on the same escalator, now moving, the person is carried up in 40 s. How long would it take the person to walkup the moving escalator? Give the answer to two significant digits.
Answer
Save Answer

A train travels due south at 20.3 m/s (relative to the ground) in a rain that is blown towards the south by the wind. The path of each raindrop makes an angle of 60.0 degree with the vertical, as measured by an observer stationary on the ground. An observer on the train, however, sees the drop falls perfectly vertically. Determine the speed of the raindrop relative to the ground. Give three significant figures.
Answer
Save Answer

Physics news on Phys.org

You just don't ask. You try, you tell us what you did, we push you in the right direction.

the problem is...that ... ,I want to fill my task quickly because I have a major exam , so if u just help me...! i will be grateful and I will try to understand it after the exam...

1. What is the best approach to solving these problems?

The best approach to solving problems will vary depending on the specific problems you are facing. However, some general tips for problem-solving include breaking the problem down into smaller parts, gathering all relevant information, considering different perspectives, and trying different strategies.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

Problem-solving is a skill that can be improved with practice. Some ways to improve your problem-solving skills include seeking out new experiences, learning from past mistakes, seeking feedback from others, and continuously challenging yourself to think outside the box.

3. What should I do if I feel stuck while trying to solve a problem?

If you feel stuck while trying to solve a problem, take a step back and try to look at the problem from a different angle. You can also try taking a break and coming back to the problem with a fresh perspective. It may also be helpful to seek advice or assistance from others.

4. How can I prevent encountering similar problems in the future?

To prevent encountering similar problems in the future, it is important to reflect on the root cause of the problem and identify any patterns or recurring issues. You can also develop a plan to address these root causes and implement strategies to prevent similar problems from occurring.

5. Is it better to solve problems on my own or work with a team?

The best approach to solving problems will depend on the specific situation. Some problems may require the expertise and perspective of a team, while others may be more effectively solved individually. It is important to consider the complexity of the problem and your own strengths and weaknesses when deciding whether to work with a team or on your own.