Please Plese Help Me -physics Problem -

• Thread starter help444
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a physics problem involving two masses colliding. The first mass, m, is traveling at a speed v and strikes the second mass, 2m, which is at rest. After the collision, the first mass is deflected at a 45 degree angle and has a final speed of v/2. The question is to find the speed and direction of the second mass after the collision. The solution may involve using the principle of conservation of momentum and the person asking for help has already attempted a solution in another thread.
help444
Please Plese Help Me --physics Problem --

A mass, m, traveling at a speed v, strikes another mass = 2m at rest. After the collision, the first mass, m, is delfected through 45 degrees and has a final speed of v/2.
Find the speed and Direction of the mass 2m after this collision.

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
I think this should be in the Homework & Coursework Questions section.Well i think,the problem can be solved using the prinicple of conservation of momentum

It is over there too.

Yes. Moreover our policy requires you to give an attempt at solution before we help... (read the guidelines).

vanesch said:
Yes. Moreover our policy requires you to give an attempt at solution before we help... (read the guidelines).

He did, there is already a thread over here with the attempt.

What does "Please Please Help Me -physics Problem-" mean?

"Please Please Help Me -physics Problem-" is a common phrase used by students who are struggling with a physics problem and are seeking assistance from others.

Why is physics important?

Physics is important because it helps us understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. It has practical applications in fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology.

What should I do if I am stuck on a physics problem?

If you are stuck on a physics problem, it is important to first review the concepts and equations related to the problem. You can also try discussing the problem with classmates or seeking help from a teacher or tutor.

How can I improve my understanding of physics?

To improve your understanding of physics, it is important to practice solving problems and to actively engage with the material. You can also try visualizing and applying real-life examples to the concepts you are learning.

What are some common mistakes to avoid in solving physics problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid in solving physics problems include not fully understanding the given information, using incorrect equations or variables, and not checking your work for errors. It is important to carefully read the problem and double check your calculations to avoid these mistakes.