Please share name of softwares installed in your PC

• Thread starter Snow-Leopard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary, the conversation touched upon the various softwares and programs installed on the computer, including Adobe Reader, MiKTEX, Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary, Britannica Encyclopedia, internet browsers, firewall, antivirus, bandwidth meter, process explorer, Microsoft Office, media players, coding tools, and various other applications. The individual also mentioned using processing from processing.org, freemat, gedit, and different programming languages for data analysis and coding. Lastly, they recommended using free programs such as Chrome, CPU-Z, and Microsoft Security Essentials for optimal performance.
Snow-Leopard
Please share name of softwares installed in your PC, I have very little only Adobe Reader XI(PDF viewer), Basic MiKTEX (LaTeX Editor), Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary , Britannica Encyclopedia and internet browsers.

Computer science news on Phys.org

I have the entire internet installed in my computer. Also I think Britannica Encyclopedia is a useless software and should be uninstalled.

Ooohhh...
There's so many. Which is why it takes me about a day in FULL(or 2) when reinstalling my OS.
1. The Reader
2. The 3 major browsers(FF, Chrome, Opera, woe to anyone who included IE in that list)
3. Firewall, AV
4. Bandwidth meter(I'm a control freak like that)
5. Process explorer ^^
6. Office(can't live without excel)
7. All manner of players and codecs
8. Mathematica
9. Some form of Visual studio
10. Netbeans
11. A nifty little hex editor called 010
12. A music player
13. All manner of games and crap(i.e. image editors, disc burning, regex debuggers, dos emulators, google earth, aldogoo etc, etc, etc...)

I have processing from processing.org great for quick java apps to draw cool interactive pictures...

I have freemat a MATLAB clone that's good for quick analysis and charting of data.

I have gedit a gui based editor available on windows, linux and macos.

I have groovy, java and scala installed to explore coding all are java based and work well with java libs.

I don't have any softwares installed on my computer, but I have quite a lot of programs.

My computer has a screw loose,
I can hear it rattling around down there,
But I just can't seem to find it,
And it's acting mighty queer.
I installed a free program,
That guaranteed to fix the problem,
And I got my money's worth because,
My computer has a screw loose,
I can hear it rattling around down there,
But I just can't seem to find it,
And it's still acting mighty queer.

My recommendations include chrome and cpu-z and if you have windows 7 or 8 Microsoft Security Essentials all of which are free and highly rated.

1. What are the most commonly used software programs on your PC?

The most commonly used software programs on my PC are Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and VLC Media Player.

2. Do you have any specialized software for your research or field of study?

Yes, as a scientist, I have specialized software for data analysis and visualization, such as MATLAB, R, and GraphPad Prism. I also use molecular modeling software like PyMOL and Chimera for protein structure analysis.

3. Are there any open-source software programs that you use?

Yes, as a scientist, I often use open-source software programs like ImageJ for image analysis and GIMP for image editing. These programs are free to use and have a strong support community.

4. What security software do you have installed on your PC?

I have multiple security software programs installed on my PC, including an antivirus, firewall, and anti-malware software. This helps protect my computer from viruses, hackers, and other cyber threats.

5. How often do you update your software programs?

I try to update my software programs regularly, especially those related to security, to ensure that I have the latest features and bug fixes. I also update my specialized software programs whenever new versions are released to have access to the latest tools and technology.