Poll: Do you go to the movies alone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Physics is Phun
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Movies Poll

do you go to the movies alone

  • always, because I have no friends

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • always, because I like to go alone

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • often

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • occasionally

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • never, I don't want

    Votes: 22 52.4%
  • never, I have too many friends that won't let my be alone for one minute

    Votes: 3 7.1%

  • Total voters
    42
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
I've never gone alone to the cinema, but that also means I've missed some of the movies i wanted to see!. Nevertheles, maybe i should try going alone to the cinema from time to time, like Moonbear said, it's just watching a screen, no much to talk to.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
When I go to the movies, it is usually with either friends or family. I don't consider it a conducive place for a date... a visit to the park would be a far more relaxing environment, and the social interaction would be present.

But I do agree that it is distracting on occasions with all of the commotion; especially on Friday nights when much of the town's youth congregate in that one building. Egh. Yeah they are "cool" and all, but their "coolness" infringes upon the rest of our movie experience.
 
This is really weird. I don't think it has even occurred to me to go alone. I seem to have implicity defined this as a social function and never thought about it.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
This is really weird. I don't think it has even occurred to me to go alone. I seem to have implicity defined this as a social function and never thought about it.

Then I'm sure Tsu doesn't talk through the whole movie...
 
Physics is Phun said:
always blaming it on the teens, we don't even get a chance!
I find that's it usually ignorant parents with their <5 year old kids who won't shut the hell up, or worse with babies, although babies can be better as long as they're not crying, because then they make no noise.

I guess I don't see many movies in the theater that are appropriate for children that young, so it's just the teens being too loud with their cell phones and gabbing on and on. But it's no wonder the teens talk through the movie if the parents don't teach them when they are 5 to sit still and be quiet (who is so masochistic as to bring a 5 year-old to a theater anyway? No 5 yr old can sit quietly for the full length of a movie. That makes no sense (unless it's one of those special early matinees intended for mom's with small children where the lights are kept a bit brighter so they can see to change babies, and it's more for moms to get out of the house than for the kids).