POLL - geographic location of our members

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monique
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Members Poll

Your Geographic Location

  • North America

    Votes: 203 60.4%
  • Latin America

    Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Europe

    Votes: 79 23.5%
  • Islamic world (ie N. Africa and Middle East)

    Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Africa (excl above)

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Former Soviet Union

    Votes: 1 0.3%
  • East Asia (eg China/ Japan)

    Votes: 3 0.9%
  • South Asia (eg India)

    Votes: 11 3.3%
  • South East Asia (eg Malesia/ Indonesia)

    Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Australia and Oceania

    Votes: 16 4.8%

  • Total voters
    336
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
283 replies · 41K views
Male, Holland
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Male, from Australia. And this is my 1st post too, hi everybody! :)
 
i don't know wheather i am a bit late for this.
Male, Malaysia (Well, u spell Malaysia as Malesia)
 
Monique said:
I'd also like to find out whether there are any other Dutch people here, otherwise I have some serious recruiting to do.
Here is a male one (living in Sweden).
 
Monique
I'd also like to find out whether there are any other Dutch people here, otherwise I have some serious recruiting to do.

Why "otherwise"? Just do it :smile:
 
Vector Sum:

Big Boy

American (Northeast), with Immigrant mother (Britain) and Canadian Father
 
"in Dutch we've got a word for people like that: mierenneukers, haha! I hope nobody will be able to translate that since it won't look pretty in English, lol."

Yes you are right about that. I've seen quite a lengthy website with all kinds of Dutch insults on it. The predominant theme was genitalia and diseases.

I generally don't give a lot of details in profiles for security reasons.
 
Male, Belgium, Dutch speaking (besides French, English, ...)
 
You will soon count me among the lost souls in the US. America rules ! :cry:
 
I do not know that the Islamic world is that small hehe

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well, accordgin to my modest knowldge, and if my memort is not wrong, the arabic world [aka middle east and north africa] even it is 14 millinion km^2 and with the huge population it has...Get ready to hear the next...

IT IS STILL ONLY 20% of the Islamic world... to be more precise it is 19.78%..

Hahaha, i found it amazing how many people in the "Western World" don;t know that..[yeah, i am from the western world...even i lived very long years in the middel east!]

[i am not mkaing fun of anybody..but i just find it funy how usually arabs are considered the vast majority of muslims...] :smile: :smile:
 
UK and the forum name gives the gender away.

What a great place - I start composing my first post in the Quantum Theory section and end up answering my question before I got as far as the Submit button. So, apart from this post, I'll go back to lurking...

Bob.
 
Where's that thread about necroposting...?
In a way, I'm glad that this came up. The thread far predates me, so I went ahead and voted since I'd never seen it before.
Male, near Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
 
This poll apparently hasn't been active in over four years, so it's got to be way out of date. I'm sure we have a lot more members from Asia than the poll results indicate as I write this.

Danger said:
Male, near Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Calgary, eh? That's where I got stuck in a freakin' blizzard in the middle of the freakin' month of May, five years ago!
 
Attachments
  • AndersonApproach.jpg
    AndersonApproach.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
jtbell said:
That's where I got stuck in a freakin' blizzard in the middle of the freakin' month of May, five years ago!

You're not an Albertan until that has happened to you in August. :-p
 
:smile: I just went back and caught the interaction between Monique and MrRobinParsons, who really had his panties in a bunch at the notion of being lumped in with us crude, crass Americans. Wow, Monique, you must have infinite patience!

Female, Seattle area, Washington State