POLL - geographic location of our members

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monique
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Members Poll

Your Geographic Location

  • North America

    Votes: 203 60.4%
  • Latin America

    Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Europe

    Votes: 79 23.5%
  • Islamic world (ie N. Africa and Middle East)

    Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Africa (excl above)

    Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Former Soviet Union

    Votes: 1 0.3%
  • East Asia (eg China/ Japan)

    Votes: 3 0.9%
  • South Asia (eg India)

    Votes: 11 3.3%
  • South East Asia (eg Malesia/ Indonesia)

    Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Australia and Oceania

    Votes: 16 4.8%

  • Total voters
    336
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
283 replies · 41K views
The funny thing was, that very evening I took a bus up to Edmonton, which turned out to be bone dry because the blizzard had bypassed it. A couple of mornings later I went to catch the train to Vancouver and it was several hours late because it had gotten stuck in that same blizzard in Manitoba.

But when I finally got back to Calgary the next week for my flight home, I was rewarded with gorgeous clear weather.
 
Attachments
  • BarlowApproach.jpg
    BarlowApproach.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 483
Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
MrRobinParsons, who really had his panties in a bunch at the notion of being lumped in with us crude, crass Americans.

As a Canuck, I'm also quite offended if someone assumes that I'm a Yank, but Parsons was more offensive in a lot of his posts than most people of any nationality. I denounce him. For one thing, anyone who introduces himself as 'Mr.' anything gets my shoe up his *** immediately. Some idiot debt collector, who had no reason to be bothering me, kept calling and announcing himself as 'Mr. Van******'. I put up with it for a while, until he threatened to seize my mother's house. Then I pointed out that I knew where he lived and where his children went to school, and hinted about having survived a couple of black-ops tours in Cambodia... never heard from him again. :biggrin:

edit: Just saw you last post, JT. You must know the standard saying in Alberta; if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.
 
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
We're behind Australia?!
What is this world coming to?
 
Male, USA. You can count me on the fingers of one hand anytime you want.