Positioning of 'Enclosed' Line in a Letter - Does it Matter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Line Matter
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 15K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
9,621
Reaction score
9
Perhaps someone can help me out here. When writing a letter does the 'enclosed' line come before or after you closing line e.g,

-------------------------------
Yours Faithfully,


Hootenanny

Enc. Document

--------------------------------
or
--------------------------------
Enc. Document

Yours Faithfully,


Hootenanny

--------------------------------

Does anybody know? Does it really matter?

~H
 
Physics news on Phys.org
heartless said:
why follow the rules?

It is better to conform when asking for something :smile:

~H
 
Last edited:
Astronuc said:
Enclosure (and cc, bcc) comes after the closing, below one's name.

In a letter/email, I often mention, please find enclosed . . . .

Thank you Astronuc :biggrin:

~H
 
Astronuc said:
Enclosure (and cc, bcc) comes after the closing, below one's name.
I still love that we use the abbreviation "cc" even though I haven't even seen a sheet of carbon paper, let alone a carbon copy, in I can't recall how long. :biggrin: