Post your recipes, cuisines, dishes and dining experiences

  • Thread starter Thread starter arunbg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo Food Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5,074 replies · 818K views
Evo said:
YAY!, Now you can make me an omelette AND a philly cheesesteak!

AND I have cholula sauce Evo which I think is so good with a southwestern omelette with salsa, asadero and steak :biggrin:

I even have pure sodium and some chlorine :biggrin: I'd be happy to make table salt for you:-p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5JJWI2aaw
 
Physics news on Phys.org
My wife made a New England boiled dinner for our late lunch. She used my basic process, but added some habanero ketchup and mustard to the red wine. It was wonderful. You could cut that cheap chuck roast with a serving spoon.
 
I like skirt steak <3 esp with balsamic tomatoes w red onions and toasted garlic bread
 
HeLiXe said:
AND I have cholula sauce Evo which I think is so good with a southwestern omelette with salsa, asadero and steak :biggrin:
Evo Child's favorite.

[quoteI even have pure sodium and some chlorine :biggrin: I'd be happy to make table salt for you:-p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5JJWI2aaw [/QUOTE]No one has ever offered to make me salt before. :eek:
 
Oh... I just had a fire-grilled pizza... the real deal on my grill. I am soooooo full, so happy.

Balsamic and steak is amazing...
 
HeLiXe said:
I like skirt steak <3 esp with balsamic tomatoes w red onions and toasted garlic bread
Skirt steak is wonderful. It generally has enough fat to supply its own grease for pan-searing.
 
Evo said:
No one has ever offered to make me salt before. :eek:
WHAT!:eek: This world is full of losers.
nismaratwork said:
Oh... I just had a fire-grilled pizza... the real deal on my grill. I am soooooo full, so happy.

Balsamic and steak is amazing...
*has never had fire grilled pizza*
turbo-1 said:
Skirt steak is wonderful. It generally has enough fat to supply its own grease for pan-searing.

I'll try that next time...I *ALWAYS* mess it up -_-
 
I'd say that a pizza on a grill is how a home cook gets the heat needed to cook pizza as it's meant to. You can grill it using bricks to make an ambient "oven", or right on the grill for a kind of smoky flavor. I love the latter especially, which is best with Mediterranean toppings, much as sausage was made for deep-dish.
 
nismaratwork said:
I'd say that a pizza on a grill is how a home cook gets the heat needed to cook pizza as it's meant to. You can grill it using bricks to make an ambient "oven", or right on the grill for a kind of smoky flavor. I love the latter especially, which is best with Mediterranean toppings, much as sausage was made for deep-dish.
I just don't like the bottom of the crust burned black. I'll send it back if it's charred, the charcoal taste from the burn will immediately overpower anything on the pizza. I see people on tv being handed burned pizza at these hoity toity places and you can tell from the looks on their faces that as soon as the camera tuurns away, they're going to spit it out.

Grilled pizza done properly is great.
 
Evo said:
I just don't like the bottom of the crust burned black. I'll send it back if it's charred, the charcoal taste from the burn will immediately overpower anything on the pizza. I see people on tv being handed burned pizza at these hoity toity places and you can tell from the looks on their faces that as soon as the camera tuurns away, they're going to spit it out.

Grilled pizza done properly is great.

I'll agree with every word you've said; I prefer my pizza with a minimum of Carbon, and a maximum flavor. Yes... flavor... TO THE MAX *80's guitar lick*. OK, I'm better now.


Yeah, a good fire-grilled pizza is like any other fire-grilled food: not charred. I find the trick is to grill both sides of the dough, top, then finish with less direct heat in a covered grill. Grilled pizza with grilled veggies... mmmmmm.
 
nismaratwork said:
I'll agree with every word you've said; I prefer my pizza with a minimum of Carbon, and a maximum flavor. Yes... flavor... TO THE MAX *80's guitar lick*. OK, I'm better now.


Yeah, a good fire-grilled pizza is like any other fire-grilled food: not charred. I find the trick is to grill both sides of the dough, top, then finish with less direct heat in a covered grill. Grilled pizza with grilled veggies... mmmmmm.

I like a little bit of char, but the toppings have to be tough enough to handle it. A strong sauce, smoky pepperoni, kalamata olives...ah yeah.
 
lisab said:
I like a little bit of char, but the toppings have to be tough enough to handle it. A strong sauce, smoky pepperoni, kalamata olives...ah yeah.

Say, I've got doggy-bagged pizza in the fridge right now! from New Years' Eve...

Went to Hey Lucy! on King before going out to see Priscilla: Queen of the Desert.
(... which was on TV just last night...)

The most mushroom-covered flavour they had was their spicy salami-lover. I don't usually get meat-lovers type pizzas - there are so many more interesting things to put on a pizza.
 
nismaratwork said:
I prefer my pizza with a minimum of Carbon

No matter how you try, pizza will contain somewhere between 5% and 10% of carbon. That's unavoidable.
 
Borek said:
No matter how you try, pizza will contain somewhere between 5% and 10% of carbon. That's unavoidable.

:smile:
 
Borek said:
No matter how you try, pizza will contain somewhere between 5% and 10% of carbon. That's unavoidable.

Aha, THAT’S why my body consists of 18% carbon. Thanks Borek.
 
HeLiXe said:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I LOVE Devil's avocado:-p

Well… hum... this is overwhelming... don’t know if I can handle all this "heat" :blushing:... here’s a little something in return:

fwmv76.png

Me and my client


Or did you mean...? :bugeye:
 
Got to go now, this thread always makes me hungry. Thanks for all wonderful recipes!
 
Borek said:
No matter how you try, pizza will contain somewhere between 5% and 10% of carbon. That's unavoidable.

Only on PF. :-p
 
DevilsAvocado said:
Well… hum... this is overwhelming... don’t know if I can handle all this "heat" :blushing:... here’s a little something in return:

fwmv76.png

Me and my client
:smile:

DevilsAvocado said:
Or did you mean...? :bugeye:

Wasabi?:confused:
 
HeLiXe said:
I made meatloaf last nite and it were good :biggrin:
What was in it?
 
Evo said:
What was in it?

breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, habaneros, very little ketchup (was out of tomatoes and vinegar lol), salted kosher ground beef, one onion diced, one half of a huge bell pepper diced, hungarian paprika. I didn't put any extra salt since the beef was already salted. It came out really good. I usually toast bread and grind it to make breadcrumbs, but I used progresso italian style crumbs and my mom mixed everything together after I seasoned it. We had it with mashed potatoes.

I should note no religious affiliation, I just like that ground beef lol
 
Last edited:
HeLiXe said:
breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, habaneros, very little ketchup (was out of tomatoes and vinegar lol), salted kosher ground beef, one onion diced, one half of a huge bell pepper diced, hungarian paprika. I didn't put any extra salt since the beef was already salted. It came out really good. I usually toast bread and grind it to make breadcrumbs, but I used progresso italian style crumbs and my mom mixed everything together after I seasoned it. We had it with mashed potatoes.

I should note no religious affiliation, I just like that ground beef lol
Sounds great! I use progresso Italian breadcrumbs also.
 
Evo said:
Sounds great! I use progresso Italian breadcrumbs also.

They're good :)

I usually like to grind the bread (while mumbling a few expletives)...it's like stress relief for me. I forgot to mention I also put ground red peppers in it.
 
HeLiXe said:
They're good :)

I usually like to grind the bread (while mumbling a few expletives)...it's like stress relief for me. I forgot to mention I also put ground red peppers in it.
Reminds me of that old commercial "that'sa one spicy meatball!" Sounds good and spicy, I have no habs, but I have a lot of fresh jalapenos, I have the crumbs, and hamburger, and the rest...OOOH.
 
HeLiXe said:
Wasabi?:confused:

YEEEEEES!

(OMG! OMG! I must be the worst avocado fruitcake on earth! Don’t tell my client! :cry:)


(:biggrin:)
 
Evo said:
Reminds me of that old commercial "that'sa one spicy meatball!" Sounds good and spicy, I have no habs, but I have a lot of fresh jalapenos, I have the crumbs, and hamburger, and the rest...OOOH.
:biggrin: do it! do it!
on an aside...I think I'm going to start referring to myself as a spicy meatball in my offline life :biggrin:
DevilsAvocado said:
I must be the worst avocado fruitcake on earth!

It exists! I think this one is worse than you :-p

* 1 c honey
* 3/4 c butter or margarine
* 1 c date sugar (or regular white sugar)
* 1 1/2 c avocados, mashed
* 3 c whole wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp allspice
* 3/4 c sour milk or yogurt
* 2 tsps baking soda
* 3/4 c chopped nuts
* 3/4 c chopped dates
* 3/4 c raisins

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream honey and butter or margarine. Add sugar and mashed avocados. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and allspice and mix with wet ingredients. Add yogurt and baking soda. Fold in nuts, dates, and raisins. Mix well and pour into a greased and floured oblong cake pan. Bake for 1 hour.
 
HeLiXe said:
:biggrin: do it! do it!
on an aside...I think I'm going to start referring to myself as a spicy meatball in my offline life :biggrin:


It exists! I think this one is worse than you :-p

* 1 c honey
* 3/4 c butter or margarine
* 1 c date sugar (or regular white sugar)
* 1 1/2 c avocados, mashed
* 3 c whole wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 3/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp allspice
* 3/4 c sour milk or yogurt
* 2 tsps baking soda
* 3/4 c chopped nuts
* 3/4 c chopped dates
* 3/4 c raisins

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream honey and butter or margarine. Add sugar and mashed avocados. Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and allspice and mix with wet ingredients. Add yogurt and baking soda. Fold in nuts, dates, and raisins. Mix well and pour into a greased and floured oblong cake pan. Bake for 1 hour.
That's criminal abuse of avocados!
 
HeLiXe said:
It exists! I think this one is worse than you :-p

Evo said:
That's criminal abuse of avocados!


Many thanks for your support HeLiXe & Evo!

That must be the worst criminal avocado fruitcake ever! I was on the edge there for a while to commit Avocado Seppuku, and prepare for The Last Fruitcake, but now I know there are bigger losers out there!

This thread is a very "nervous" place for a little goofy avocado like me... mashed... 350 degrees... I need to go to Avocado Rehab for a couple of weeks...

Take care and don’t eat too many of my relatives!

:smile:
 
DevilsAvocado said:
I need to go to Avocado Rehab for a couple of weeks...
Take care! And take this with you to remind you of us:-p
il_170x135.150188943.jpg