So, I can't remember which thread we were talking about sarasparilla in, but I decided I had to try it. I found a place that sells it and ships it, and I'm sitting here with a glass of it right now. Yummy! This is what I remember root beer tasting like as a kid! It's completely changed since then, and I hadn't realized how much until I started sipping this glass of soda and the memories just came wooshing back! While ordering, I also got some birch beer, white birch beer (never tried that...not sure if it'll be any different from the regular stuff), neither of which I can find in the local stores but really like, and ginger beer, since the same place sold that too and I've always wondered how that tasted too. If anyone else is just dying to try it, or misses it, here's where I got it from.
http://www.kutztownbottlingworks.com/ (Turn the volume down on your speakers...their home page has some really cheesy music that's kind of loud and annoying.) The downside is shipping costs almost as much as the soda. But, now that I know it's good, I might just make sure it's on my route when I drive back to NJ to visit family (though, I need to verify they have an actual storefront somewhere too). This was definitely worth the splurge though (the poor UPS guy might disagree...that was one heavy box with all that soda in it).