Potential divider to adjust volume and sensors

• Thread starter Gajan1234
  • Start date
Can someone explain in depth ( in simple term) how potential divider is link to adjusting volume and sensors. Please share any digram if it ia helpful for me.

Thank you

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Can someone explain in depth ( in simple term) how potential divider is link to adjusting volume and sensors. Please share any digram if it ia helpful for me.

Thank you
Can you show us what you have been reading about this so far? What parts are confusing you? It will make it a lot easier for us to help you if you show us what you have been reading... :smile:

Can you show us what you have been reading about this so far? What parts are confusing you? It will make it a lot easier for us to help you if you show us what you have been reading... :smile:
1458339355944.jpg

I understand what the book says but i cannot imagine it and construct a circuit with potenial divider, and the uses of it as well. and i dont want to learn it as fact.

berkeman
Mentor
View attachment 97536

I understand what the book says but i cannot imagine it and construct a circuit with potenial divider, and the uses of it as well. and i dont want to learn it as fact.
Well that's your problem! It's all sideways! :woot:

And with no diagrams. What diagrams have you been using to learn about resistor dividers and potentiometers and their uses?

meBigGuy
Gold Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer

After reading everything in the above link, especially the theory of operation, try searching for answers to any questions.
Then, if you still have questions, post them here.