Controlling output power of pentodes by varying screen grid voltage

  • Thread starter Thread starter yungman
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
yungman
Messages
5,741
Reaction score
291
I read a few pages of what BobS posted and I read through the RCA Receiving Tube Manual. But I cannot find any info on the output characteristic and power when varying the screen grid of the pentodes.

Bottom line is I want to find a way to control the output power of a pentodes like 6L6GC etc.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
is there not a family of curves Iplate vs Vcontrol grid for various screen voltages?
tomorrow i'll look at mine...

see the Frank Phillips 6L6 link here
http://drtube.com/tubedata.htm
http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/093/6/6L6GC.pdf
around page 5
 
Last edited:
Thanks, this is a lot more complete than the RCA book I have. I have to study it more.