1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Precalculus book,your opinion is needed.

1. Jun 12, 2013 #1
    hi
    I have graduated from high school and now I am gonna apply to Cleveland state university to study Electrical engineering.
    anyway,I will have about 5 months before starting classes so I will need to strength my math foundation for calculus.
    I bought Precalculus for dummies but I figured out it gives you superficial information so I decided to use another book.
    I have found this one:
    Precalculus (an investigation of functions) ,it is a free book and here is the website:

http://www.opentextbookstore.com/precalc/

I would appreciate it if you make a look and tell me what do you think.

I would appreciate it if you have any other recommendations.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2013 #2
    I haven't seen this book, but it seems to cover the common topics. I can really only suggest the one that I used, which was Precalculus with Limits by Larson. I don't remember it being phenomenal, but it got the job done. I know that Stewart has one too, of which I haven't heard complaints. Generally, if it's written by a calculus author, he is exposing precalculus with calculus in mind.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook