Predict which of the solutions below will exert the highest Vapor pressure

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Jbreezy
Messages
582
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hi I have a question. Predict which of the solutions below will exert the highest Vapor pressure

O2 in HOH
NH3 in HOH
and CH3OH in HOH

Homework Equations



I drew them out. So I know that CH3OH HOH exhibits h bonding. So does NH3 HOH
I was wondering about O2 and HOH. I think it does. Am I right? I don't care about the actual question right now or if I'm on the right parth with that I just want to know if O2 and HOH have h bonding. Thank you

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
##NH_{3}## does not exhibit H- bonding per se.
##NH_{3}+H-OH -->NH_{4}^+ +OH^-##
 
Why can you explain? I don't understand your reason. NH3 to a lone pair on O2...seems like H bond to me.