Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing A.P. Physics B exam for regular physics student

1. Feb 2, 2010 #1
    I am planning to take the A.P. Physics exam B at the end of the school year. My question is, will this be ridiculously difficult for me? In my regular physics class, we have quite a slow pace on moving forward (We're only on centripital force!). How much will I need to know in order to pass the exam?

Thanks,

Mitch Guzman

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2010 #2
    A regular physics class will not, on its own, prepare you for the ap physics b exam. If you want to do it, you will have to self study. My advice would be to get a princeton review book or 5 steps to a 5. Also, http://www.archive.org/details/ap_physics_b" [Broken]has a lot of good videos that covers all of the material.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Feb 2, 2010 #3
    That's what I figured. Thanks for the reply, and I'll make sure and go get the princeton review book.

5. Feb 2, 2010 #4
    The biggest thing would to do plenty of practice tests.
    The AP Test doesn't cover that much more content than the a regular level physics class, just a little bit more in depth, expects better problem solving skills and either to derive important equations, or to have them memorized.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook