Pressure at bottom of flask with three immiscible liquids

  • Thread starter Thread starter sweetpete28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density Pressure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
sweetpete28
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Liquid 1 with density = 6660 kg/m^3 is poured into cylinder to depth d1 = 70.8 cm; Liq. 2 with density 4995 kg/m^3 is poured on top to a depth of 90cm; and then liquid 3 (density of 1369 kg/m^3) is poured on top of liquid 2 to a depth of 68.5cm). Assuming none of the liquids mix at all what is the pressure at bottom of flask?

I used ρgh for each and added but this is wrong. Should I add the atmospheric pressure to the total?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Should I add the atmospheric pressure to each calculation or to the total (after adding each (densityxgxh calculation)?