1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prob/Stats Probability/Statistics textbook suggestions

1. Apr 26, 2017 #1

ElectricRay

Gold Member

Hello All,

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good textbook on probability and statistics for someone who's studying Electrical Engineering?

I follow a distance learning program but not always they use real good books so I like to buy extra books sometimes for the sake of extra material on the subject and for fun. I do the same with calculus and it realy helps me out.

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2017 #2
    I like Papoulistitle something like Random Variables, Probability, Statistics. This text was used in the graduate electrical engineering program in two engineering schools that I took courses from. Another good book is by Leon-Garcia

4. Apr 27, 2017 #3

ElectricRay

Gold Member

Thanks i had a look on Amazon and could find it there probably I will buy it

5. Apr 27, 2017 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted