1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Seeking textbook suggestions: Physics of Energy

1. Nov 20, 2014 #1
    Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a good textbook specifically focusing on the physics of energy (bonus points if it also includes some engineering applications), meant for someone at the level of first or second year physics undergrad. Ideally, I would've liked something like this course at MIT:

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-21-the-physics-of-energy-fall-2009/syllabus/

But unfortunately it doesn't appear they use any specific texts. Do you guys have any suggestions on what might be a good read for me? Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2014 #2
    I think that there is a good reason they do not use a single text. It is highly unlikely that you will find a single text that covers all that territory. Plan on using parts of a number of different texts if you really want to make this study.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook