Problem with Compassconnection to microcontroller

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of connecting a Hitachi HM55B compass module to a LabJack UE9 microcontroller. The individual is able to program the LabJack using LabView but is unsure of how to properly connect the compass. They have also posted a similar question on the LabJack forum, which suggests that the compass uses serial SPI communication.
sancho88
Hi, i have a LabJack UE9 microcontroller, and i have no idea how to connect the hitachi hm55b compass module to the labjack, the picture of the pins are located here: http://foxlx.acmesystems.it/?id=114 For the Labjack the I/O ports are here http://www.egmont.com.pl/labjack/obrazki/UE9_PDA_d.jpg

i have no problem programing the programto labview, But i don't know how to connect the compass with the labjack properly ? any suggestions? thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
The compass appears to use serial SPI communication. We have followed up on the similar post you put on our forum:

http://forums.labjack.com/index.php?showtopic=4918"

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Problem with Compassconnection to microcontroller

What is a compass and how does it work?

A compass is a navigational tool that uses Earth's magnetic field to determine direction. It consists of a magnetized needle that aligns with the Earth's magnetic field and points towards magnetic north.

What is a microcontroller and how does it work?

A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit. It contains a CPU, memory, and input/output peripherals. It works by executing instructions stored in its memory to control electronic devices and systems.

Why is there a problem with the compass connection to the microcontroller?

The problem could be due to a faulty connection between the compass and the microcontroller, incorrect wiring, or incompatible communication protocols between the two devices.

How can the problem with the compass connection be fixed?

The first step is to check the physical connections between the compass and the microcontroller. If the connections are secure, then the next step is to ensure that the wiring is correct and follows the correct communication protocol. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to troubleshoot the code and make any necessary adjustments.

Can the problem with the compass connection be prevented?

Yes, the problem can be prevented by carefully following the manufacturer's instructions for connecting the compass to the microcontroller and double-checking all connections. It is also important to ensure that the communication protocols between the two devices are compatible.