1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Program or website for graphing

1. Apr 3, 2015 #1
    I'm in grade 11 pre-calc right now and my teacher gave us an assignment over the long weekend where we need to draw a person using the different kinds of graphs we learned (ie. hyperbolas, parabolas, circles, ellipses, lines etc.) I have a sketch of what I want on a piece of paper and I've written down all the equations of each line.

My Question Is: Is there a program or website that will allow me to enter all the equations and then plot all the lines together so I can see if it looks like what it's supposed to look like?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2015 #2

statdad

Homework Helper

4. Apr 3, 2015 #3
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. Is there ways to add inequalities. For example if im drawing a line but I want it to stop at a certain point, I can say like x < 15

5. Apr 3, 2015 #4

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

WolframAlpha is interesting, too.
    Limits: "plot x^2, x from 2 to 4"

There is a "hack" if you cannot directly draw inequalities: sqrt(x-a)/sqrt(x-a) is not well-defined (for most plotting programs) for x<=a and 1 for x>a. It is possible to include an upper limit in a similar way.

6. Apr 5, 2015 #5

statdad

Homework Helper

Yes you can. You can look at the help area of the site: is the screenshot (attached) the type of thing you were interested in?

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted