1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Proof of a partial fraction theorem

1. Mar 2, 2006 #1
    I've been looking all over the net since yesterday for a PROOF of a theorem called the "heaviside method" it involves partial fractions and itegration of such. If anyone could show me a proof of it or send me a link of it I would gladly appreciate it, thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2006 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of what, specifically, do you want a proof?

P.S. if you have an algorithm that does something, that is a proof that you can do that something.

4. Mar 2, 2006 #3
    i want a proof of a theorem called the Heaviside Method, my book tells how to do it, but i need a proof of it for class and its almost impossible to find.

5. Mar 2, 2006 #4

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, if you need it for class, shouldn't you prove it yourself? :tongue: And I don't even know the theorem you're trying to prove -- I can find references to the algorithm called "Heaviside's method", but you can't prove an algorithm. (The very idea is nonsensical)

My best guess is that you want a proof that the algorithm works as advertised, and I've already given you a hint: just prove that the output of the algorithm is what it claims to be

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?