Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Proof of a partial fraction theorem

1. Mar 2, 2006 #1
    I've been looking all over the net since yesterday for a PROOF of a theorem called the "heaviside method" it involves partial fractions and itegration of such. If anyone could show me a proof of it or send me a link of it I would gladly appreciate it, thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2006 #2

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of what, specifically, do you want a proof?

P.S. if you have an algorithm that does something, that is a proof that you can do that something.

4. Mar 2, 2006 #3
    i want a proof of a theorem called the Heaviside Method, my book tells how to do it, but i need a proof of it for class and its almost impossible to find.

5. Mar 2, 2006 #4

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, if you need it for class, shouldn't you prove it yourself? :tongue: And I don't even know the theorem you're trying to prove -- I can find references to the algorithm called "Heaviside's method", but you can't prove an algorithm. (The very idea is nonsensical)

My best guess is that you want a proof that the algorithm works as advertised, and I've already given you a hint: just prove that the output of the algorithm is what it claims to be

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook