Proof of Parseval's Identity for a Fourier Sine/Cosine transform

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 12K views
tanaygupta2000
Messages
208
Reaction score
14
Can anyone help me with the Proof of Parseval Identity for Fourier Sine/Cosine transform :

2/π [integration 0 to ∞] Fs(s)•Gs(s) ds = [integration 0 to ∞] f(x)•g(x) dx

I've successfully proved the Parseval Identity for Complex Fourier Transform, but I'm unable to figure out from where does the term '2/π' comes in the Parseval formula for Fourier Sine and Cosine Transform.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank You.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It would help if you defined your terms and variables.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BvU
I'm having difficulty in proving this. According to me, the term '2/π' is not coming.
Parseval%20identity.jpeg
 
Attachments
  • Parseval%20identity.jpeg
    Parseval%20identity.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,155
It would help if the definitions were given for ##F_C(s),G_C(s)##, etc.
 
Refer this picture
Screenshot_2019-03-06-08-13-58-035_com.adobe.reader.jpeg
 
Attachments
  • Screenshot_2019-03-06-08-13-58-035_com.adobe.reader.jpeg
    Screenshot_2019-03-06-08-13-58-035_com.adobe.reader.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,733
I haven't tried to work it through, but it looks like the factor ##\sqrt{\frac{2}{\pi}}## appearing twice in setting up the integral leads to ##\frac{2}{\pi}##.
 
I've proved it the same way as Complex transform identity.
IMG_20190307_063526.jpeg
 
Attachments
  • IMG_20190307_063526.jpeg
    IMG_20190307_063526.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,181
Help proving this :
IMG_20190308_100451.jpeg
 
Attachments
  • IMG_20190308_100451.jpeg
    IMG_20190308_100451.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,955
Can't you simply separate the real and imaginary parts of the complex identity?